School Vision, Values and Ethos
Learning and working together are social experiences that happen within and beyond our locality.
Our curriculum supports our aim of ensuring children have a strong sense of identity and inclusion by developing their knowledge and understanding of the local and wider communities of which they are a part. Curriculum coverage therefore includes local studies to foster children’s sense of belonging and also national and international studies to broaden children’s horizons, ambitions and aspirations.
Respect for self, each other and our school. This is reflected in our thoughts, words and actions.
Our curriculum content develops children’s knowledge and understanding of the modern world, along with past events, enabling them to better understand and respect everyone and to celebrate spiritual and cultural differences.
The strength and resilience to overcome challenges and grow strong. Patience and knowing that some goals take some time to achieve.
By providing a challenging curriculum in which there is a clear progression of children’s knowledge, skills and understanding throughout the school, we encourage children to persevere in their learning and all aspects of their lives in order that they leave primary school fully equipped for the future with strong literacy and communication skills, fluency in the fundamentals of Mathematics and a broad general knowledge.
School Ethos and Mission Statement
Our school aims to reflect a warm, caring Christian ethos where everyone is valued.
We believe that children’s wellbeing is at the centre of our life in school and the key to raising academic success. This is supported by high expectations for every child and by developing personal awareness, creativity and social understanding.
We place a strong emphasis on our three core school values of Community, Respect and Perseverance through close partnerships between children, staff, governors, parents/carers and the Church as an extension to family life.
We believe that we make a difference by creating a safe, healthy and stimulating environment of quality provision where our children feel and know how to keep themselves safe, happy and supported in their learning in school and in the wider community.
We aim to:
- Offer an excellent education within a framework of Christian values and beliefs.
- Be an inclusive community in which everyone feels happy, valued and secure.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with our families, carers, Church and wider community.
- Promote an environment where all children can reach their full potential.
- Foster a desire for independent and lifelong learning.
- Raise children’s aspirations and to widen their horizons through a context rich curriculum that gives purpose to their learning, offers a range of experiences, as well as broadening their understanding of the local, British and global communities.
Above all, we aim to develop positive, confident, reflective children who:
- Take part in decision making within the classroom and school so that they have sound knowledge of their own value and purpose.
- Understand the school rules and those of society so that they can make choices and decisions for themselves with the understanding of what is right and wrong.
- Are able to think creatively and independently in order to have aspirations for the future.
- Are proud to be part of a diverse British society.
This is all perfectly encapsulated by our school vision from scripture: “Let your light shine.” Matthew 5:16