Pastoral and Family Support
Meole Brace C of E Primary School and Nursery is proud to offer our pupils, parents and carers support from our Pastoral Support Adviser (PSA), Emma Quinn.
Emma joined the school to take on the PSA role back in 2018 and comes from a health and teaching background. While it is rewarding, parenting and caring for a child can be a highly demanding and challenging job!
As well as working with children to build social skills, self-esteem and to support their mental health and well-being, Emma is here to offer non-judgemental advice and support to Dads, Mums and Carers in any matters concerning your children’s education and development.
We recognise that parents/carers are the single most important factor in shaping children’s wellbeing, achievements and prospects and wish to support you in any way we can.
Emma is available to:
- Listen to any concerns you may have about your child's well-being and offer advice.
- Support you and your child during important changes in the school year or in your home life.
- Provide help and advice about services that may be of benefit to you.
- Provide support in supplying essentials such as school uniform.
- Provide 1:1 parenting support.
- Offer parenting classes.
- Encourage parental engagement in school life and learning.
- Help and support you and your child throughout growing up and to help you to get along!
To contact Emma, please call or pop into the school office to make an appointment. Also, you can look out for Emma at most school events, and on the playground at drop-off time each morning.