Our school is a 'Safer School'
West Mercia Police and Shropshire Council support our school with the Safer School initiative. We are an accredited 'Safer School' and proud of Safer School sign and certificate. The accreditation is reviewed every two years.
The initiative is a holistic, practical and realistic approach to school security and personal safety. It gives our school a clear focus on the subject and turns a negative subject into a positive one. It sets a minimum standard of school security.
The essential elements of the 'Safer School' process include:
- Consulting parents/carers and pupils for their views and updating them on any progress.
- Publicity of Safer Schools to staff, pupils school neighbours, parents/carers and prospective families.
- Establishing a Safer School group. This Safer School group is a partnership of school stakeholders - Headteacher.Deputy, staff, Governors, parents/carers, pupils, neighbours, Shropshire Council and West Mercia Police.
- Regularly reviewing and implementing good practice and essential security/safety measures for staff, pupils, the site and assets.
- Educating pupils through the PSHE curriculum.
- A daily procedure for recording incidents should they occur, i.e. trespass, burglary, theft, anti-social behaviour, vandalism, arson, suspicious activity, etc., both during and out of school hours.
- Solving real problems, rather than perceived problems. Prioritising work (if any) and reviewing action.
- If there are security issues, the intention of the intiative is to reduce/eliminate the issues.
- Implementing a policy that the Governors have adopted. links
Please find links to our Safer School Certificate, Policy Statement and Parent and Pupil Survey outcomes below.